Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 - The Truth

I had been using Bare Minerals loose shadows for quite a while and while I loved their texture, I found the little pots kind of messy so when I heard that they were offering their shadows in traditional palettes, I couldn't wait to try them.  Being the neutral classic shadow lover that I am, I reached for The Truth.






The mirrored compact contains four lovely shades and a sponge applicator:  Serendipitous, Magnetism, Fate and Apropos, for a total of 5g of product (Retail price: $30 USD).





Bare Minerals says,
"bareMinerals READYTM Eyeshadow provides exceptionally vivid, long-wearing color in an ultra smooth, silky texture for effortless application and seamless blendability with four shades that create multiple looks. Powered by our proprietary SeaNutritive MineralTM Complex along with powerful antioxidants, cold-pressed borage oil, caffeine and cucumber-ingredients known to deliver anti-aging benefits including reduced look of puffiness and antioxidant protection for a softer, smoother, revitalized eye area. It looks like a powder but feels like a cream and delivers a beautifully smooth application of vivid, long-wearing color."
Bare Minerals describes the shades as follows (parenthetical descriptions are mine):
  • Serendipitous  - delicate peach (to me more like an ivory shade)
  • Magnetism - brushed taupe (similar to a less shimmery Satin Taupe for you M.A.C. fans)
  • Fate - light mocha glaze (a mid-toned brown with a bit of shimmer to it)
  • Apropos - twinkling espresso (a deep chocolate brown with a touch of glitter)

Here are some swatches:
From Top to Bottom: Serendipitous, Magnetism, Fate, Apropos

Overall rating:  Booyah!  I love the texture and staying power of these (I did apply over a primer) and found that there was considerably less fallout than their loose shadow predecessors.
I plan on trying one of the 8.0 palettes and a blush next.  Any recommendations?
Would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment