Sunday, October 27, 2013

Tarte Cosmetics Leave Her Blushing Set - Holiday 2013 Collection

I know it's been a while since I have last posted.  The bad news is my life was crazy and it took me away from you guys.  The good news, however, is that I have many reviews to bring you so please stay tuned.  I wanted to kick things off with Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush Set for this holiday season.


The Leave Her Blushing Set is a wonderful set of limited edition shades and if you have not yet discovered Tarte's amazonian clay 12-hour formula, this is a great way to see what all the hype is about.  The set retails for $34 and includes 3 deluxe Amazonian clay 12-hour blushes as well as an ultra-soft blush brush.

The three limited-edition shades are: 
  • Treasured, a melon shade
  • Honored, a nude rose shade
  • Imagined, a candy pink shade
Left to Right: Treasured, Honored, Imagined
Here is a close-up of each shade, swatches, and the brush:

Treasured

Honored

Imagined

Top to Bottom: Treasured, Honored, Imagined


These blushes are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and synthetic fragrance.


Overall rating: Booyah!

These are wonderful blushes.  The consistency of this formula is legendary and just when I think my blush stash is complete, Tarte throws me a curveball!  The value of this set is great.  The brush alone retails for $28.  Each of these blush compacts offer 1.5 g/.053 oz of product, about 26% of what the full-sized version (5.6 g/.2 oz; $28).  I only have one recommendation.  I would love it if these smaller blushes could be easily removed from their compacts like the full-sized ones.

1 comment: