Well, this year, I decided to start a beauty blog. After many years of being a makeup addict, I thought I would put some of my finds on the web and share with anyone who happened to stop by for a visit.
Here are some items I loved this year...some were newly launched this year, while others were just items I'd been introduced to this year. I am listing both drugstore and high-end products for each category. I have normal to dry skin so my sincerest apologies for those of you seeking skincare products for different skin types.
Here are my picks:
- Face cleanser: Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and L'Oreal Go 360 Clean - Deep Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin; Chanel Lait Confort
- Facial Toner: Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Hydrating Toner, for Normal to Dry Skin; Chanel Lotion Confort
- Moisturizer: Cerave AM and PM (no sunscreen); Olay Complete Ageless Skin Renewing UV Lotion SPF 20; Belle Butters Mango Moisture Butter for the face (my favorite...excellent if you have dry skin as it is an ab-fab primer....just use a little bit and give it a bit of time to be absorbed before applying foundation). I really can't bless a high-end product in this category as I found that so many had heavy fragrance or just didn't work for me.
- Foundation Primer: Victoria's Secret VS Pro Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20; Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer; Cover FX Skin Prep FX Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum; Chanel Base Lumiere
- Eyeshadow Primer: Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer; NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base; Urban Decay Primer Potion in those nifty tubes.
- Eyeshadow: L'oreal Colour Infallible Eye Shadows; M.A.C. Mega Metal Eye Shadows; Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense; Chanel Illusion D'Ombre
- Mascara: Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara; M.A.C. Haute & Naughty Lash; Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara
- Blush/Bronzer: Milani Baked Blushes; NYX Blush/Bronzer Combos; M.A.C. Warmth of Coral; Benefit Hervana; Chanel Terre Epice; Chanel Bronze Corail
- Highlighter: Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer Tiki; Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous; Estee Lauder Powder Gelee Modern Mercury
- Lips: Revlon Lip Butters; L'Oreal Lip Balms; Jordana Lip Out Loud Shiny Lip Gloss; Dolce & Gabbana Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipstick; Chanel Rouge Coco Shine
Well that's my recap. I wish you all a blessed, happy, healthy and gorgeous 2012!