Monday, December 19, 2011

Belle Butters

Last weekend, I was catching up with my Tweeps and was introduced to Belle Butters, a two-year-old homegrown company owned and operated by Tasha Burton.  One of my tweeps had posted a message regarding a weekend sale (15% off), so I figured I would try a few products (Thanks, Kim Porter!).  


With Winter upon us, I quickly placed an order for 4 different items based on the handy product guide that Tasha sent me.  I have always struggled with dry skin no matter how many vitamins I take, water I drink, or fish I eat.  I was also more than eager to support Tasha's business.  (Wishing you continued success, girlfriend!)


My order consisted of 4 products:  Unyevu Butter (Hair/Body) 4 oz. $12; Orange Dream Cream (Hair/Body) - 8 oz. $12.50, Mango Moisture for the Face; 4 oz. $11 and Whipped Shea Butter - 8 oz. $14.


Top Left to Bottom Right: Orange Dream Cream, Unyevu Butter, Mango Moisture for Face, Whipped Shea Butter



For each of these products, Belle Butters says:

Belle Butters Mango Moisture Butter for Face
This butter is the ultimate in skin protection against the harsh winds of the winter and the sun during the summer. This moisturizing butter lasts all day without needing a "touch up." This butter was conceived when dealing with my own issues of extremely dry skin (scaly dry skin around the mouth and eyebrows) and my problems with rosacea. I could no longer tolerate a steroid topical cream for my face. I used mango butter because it is light, absorbs quickly and has lasting power. It doesn't interfere with makeup application. If you need an alternate or something heavier for your face, this leads us into the next product. Edit: I've been told that this may work for eczema patches to help relieve itching. It may not clear it up, but it definitely keeps the itches away. Another edit: I've been told this works great as a primer for makeup or to have a subtle dewy look! Available in 2oz and 4oz sizes.

Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream Butter
This, hands down, is my favorite smelling butter. I primarily use this as a body butter. After your shower or bath, apply this butter to your skin so that while your pores are still open, the butter can be readily absorbed. If you plan on using this butter for your hair, please keep in mind that the main base for this butter is shea, with orange butter added to it. It can weigh down finer hair types, so please, use again for a pomade or to seal your ends. I've heard that the best results from this butter are when donning a twist-out on natural hair. The orange seed oil captures the light perfectly for an amazing shine. Available in 2oz and 8oz sizes. Alternate sizes can be custom ordered.

Belle Butters Unyevu (Oon-Yay-Vu) Butter
The Unyevu (Beauty in Swahili) Butter is a very nice treat if you are looking for a body butter that has a long-lasting scent. I named this butter Unyevu because I was inspired by it's scent that was nutty, spicy and floral. In addition to this being one of the stronger scented butters that I offer, again it is very moisturizing for the hair and body. It is a little heavy but it absorbs readily. If you are trying to thicken your hair or battle dandruff, the ingredients in this butter are above par and ready to work! Battle your dry scalp issues with this butter and smell awesome doing so! Available in 4oz size and 16oz sizes.

Belle Butters Whipped Shea Butter
This was the product I started out with when I first began Belle Butters. For thicker, coarser hair types, this is the choice you would want to make. I chose the ingredients with this hair type mostly in mind. It will help condition, strengthen and soften the hair. Finer hair types can use it as well, but I recommend it for sealing/pomade use only as the heaviness of this butter can weigh finer hair types down.
For the skin, this is especially curtailed for those who suffer from eczema and psoriasis. The calendula and jojoba oils in the butter help out with these skin conditions tremendously. Available in 2, 8 and 16oz sizes.


I got my package two days ago and I have tried all of them.  For all of these products, a little goes a long way so they are well worth the price.


I used the Premium Whipped Shea Butter by emulsifying a bit in the warmth of my hands and rubbing into my feet, elbows, knees, and feet; whatever was left went into the ends of my hair and a bit into my hairline, where I sometimes get dry.  The Mango Moisture for the face, I used at night in place of my night cream.  A little went a long way.


The next day, I could not believe how nice my skin looked.  I washed my face and decided I would try the Mango Moisture again in place of my daily moisturizer, especially since I have a separate sunscreen for my face.  Out of curiosity, I decided to apply my foundation without a primer.  I was so pleasantly surprised I immediately posted that I had found my holy grail moisturizer!  Based on the little bit that I used and the quantity that came in the jar, this is going to last me a while.  If you have any dryness on your face and need moisture, you have got to try this.


As I mentioned, I have some dryness around my hairline so I put some of the Unyevu Butter there and a bit on my ends.  It had a pleasant scent and gave my hair a nice sheen.  The Orange Dream Cream smells so good I had to keep it far away from my nephew, who I was sure would want to eat it!  I wore this after my morning shower as I find that there's nothing like the smell of citrus to energize me.


If you're looking for a nice gift for someone, look no further.  These items are as natural as they come and are fantastic!


If you'd like to place an order, you may do so at bellebutters.bigcartel.com.  For more information, visit www.bellebutters.com, or follow on Twitter @bellebutters.






My rating on these: Booyah!


Best,


Kimbo


All products were purchased with my own money.  I only offer my honest review and opinion. It's the only way I can sleep at night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment