This set, unlike previous collections, did not include a cosmetic bag but the collection included 8 great items and a 2 bonus extras that I did not expect.
- Beauty & the Box Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad (6.8 g) - Includes Pink Cloud, Silver Mist, Purple Fog and Dark Ash shadows in a lovely floral-patterned box. Shadows apply very smoothly and have good color payoff and work nicely together.
- Cashmere Waterproof Gliding Liner (0.28 g) - In Black Magic - I am a big fan of the SmolderEyes liners but it's nice to try a thinner liner. The pencil has some staying power once you give a bit of time to set. I wore it layered under Dark Ash Shadow and I liked the effect.
- Airblush Maracuja Bouncy Blush (5.3 g) - In Shimmering Poppy - I will be honest, a panicked when I read "bouncy" in the blush description as I immediately thought of Maybelline's marshmallow-like blushes which had very little color payoff (boo-hiss) though the texture was interesting. Tarte, in my opinion, got it right, in that the texture is smooth and the pigmentation is perfect! I would have liked the ability to pop the pan out of the compact like their Amazonian Clay blushes but the mirrored compact is sleek enough to throw in my purse and it's in my favorite color....PURPLE!
- Airbrush Finish Bamboo Blush Brush makes for perfect application of Shimmering Poppy just where I want it. I love the soft, duo-fiber bristles!
- Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss (3.6 ml) - Peaceful - A nice, sheer, universally-flattering color, I just love the floral packaging. It took a while for the product to "click up" through the bristles but I love the formula. The mint-scented gloss includes maracuja oil for hydrating your pucker while glistening your lips with a nice gloss.
- Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara (7 ml) - Black - The same tube offered in the Glow Your Way to Gorgeous Sets. Would love to try the Waterproof formula one of these days. (Tarte! hint! hint! - Any chance you will include in your next collection?)
- Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (8 g) - Medium - The collection can be ordered with any one of 4 shades of concealers. A little of this concealer goes a long way so don't fret the fact that not a lot of product comes out when you squeeze the tube. Personally, I like that the product doesn't easily ooze out of the tube so there's no waste and I can build the coverage as I need to.
- Pure Maracuja Oil (50 ml) - This oil is absolutely awesome! I have used it as my night-time moisturizer since I first received my first Glow Your Way to Gorgeous Set. It has definitely improved the condition of my skin. I carried the smaller vial in my purse for use on my cuticles, hands, and face during the harsh winter weather and have been known to smooth a drop or two in my palms for a nice shiny, lustre to my hair. This same size retails for $46 on QVC.
Here are some swatches:
|From top to bottom: Pink Cloud, Silver Mist, Purple Fog, Dark Ash, Amused Blush, Black Magic Liner on the right|
And now for the bonuses:
- Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self-Tanner (15 ml) - I am not one for self-tanners as I didn't like the orange hue that many turned my skin. I did try this my leg as a test and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at the nice, natural-looking bronze results. Will definitely have to try this on my face. This is a "Sneak Peek" item that, according to the enclosed pamphlet, has been in the making for the past two years.
- Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Eye Base ( 2.6 ml) - I have never tried tarte's eye shadow primer so I am happy to try it. I did wear it under the quad shades and loved how it hydrated my lids while keeping the shadow in place. Tarte boasts that their primer is waterproof and works equally as well on oily and dry lids. I love the clear tube so I can see how much product I have left.
Overall rating: Booyah!
This set is well worth the $59.96 price tag. If you get a chance to snatch one up, I highly recommend it and can't wait until the Summer 2012 set.
Have you tried any of these items? What are your thoughts?