Thursday, May 24, 2012

Estée Lauder Brasil Dreams Collection: Pure Color Blush Review

Mention Brasil to my sons and they immediately think of the upcoming World Cup of Soccer.  Mention Brasil to me or my friends and I think of the special releases featured on Macys.com.  One such collection is Estée Lauder's Brasil Dream Color Collection.


The collection features a fragrance, 3 Pure Color Blushes, 3 Pure Color Crystal Lipsticks, 3 Pure Color Glosses, and 5 Pure Color Nail Lacquers.  This post features each of the 3 Pure Color Blushes all with Satin finishes (7g; Retail $28; Exclusive to Macy's):

  • Fearless - Bright fuchsia pink
  • Naughty - Bright, deep coral, and
  • The Siren - Deep rouge


Estée Lauder says of Pure Color blushes in general,


Fresh, radiant color lasts all day, won't streak or fade.  Included exclusive True Vision technology.  Ultra-silky powder sweeps on sheer for a natural glow.  Builds for contoured and sculpted definition with luminous optic technology.  Exclusive contouring brush included.  In two finishes, Satin and Shimmer.


Here's a close-up of each shade:


Fearless
Naughty
The Siren


Here are swatches of each shade first unblended and then blended:


From Top to Bottom: Fearless, Naughty, The Siren (unblended)

From Top to Bottom: Fearless, Naughty, The Siren (blended)


Overall rating:  Booyah!


I always get darker in the Summer and these blushes are highly pigmented so a little will go a long way in giving me a nice flush without having to go heavy in application with a sheerer blush.


What are your thoughts of bright blushes?  Are you a sucker for them like me? 

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of Fearless :-) I'm very very pale, so I have to be really light handed with these types of blush...doesn't stop me from wearing them though :-) Love your blog, have followed!

    http://whenitrainsitpours92.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very light hand and a soft brush is all you need. Thanks for the follow. Following you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these on someones blog yesterday and had to have them. I got siren and naughty. I'm thinking about going back for the third color. They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naughty is my favorite. I'm a sucker for corals and oranges. I am sure they all would look lovely on your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete