Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Victoria's Secret Beauty - The Nakeds Palette

Calling all neutral eyeshadow lovers!  There's another nude palette on the market and this one comes to us from Victoria's Secret Beauty.


The mirrored palette contains 10 shades (1.75g each; 18.28g total), a double-ended eyeshadow brush as well as an eyeliner in Extreme Black (.78g) for a retail price of $28 (comparable value indicated on the palette is $92).  I am not sure if the palette is available at retail stores but it is available online.


Here is a picture of the palette closed (cover reminds me a bit of Urban Decay's Naked 2):




Here is a picture of the palette open:




Here are close-ups of the dual-ended eyeshadow brush (both sides appear to be similar; one is slightly smaller):





Here is a picture of the eyeliner pencil:




Here are swatches of the top row:




Here are swatches of the bottom row and the eyeliner:



Here are some more photos of each of the shades in natural sunlight (hope these are better):

Top Row: Shades 1-5 (Left to Right); Bottom Row: Shades 6-10 (Left to Right)
Top Row: Shades 1, 2; Bottom Row: Shades 6, 7
Top Row: Shades 3, 4; Bottom Row: 8, 9
Top Row: Shades 4, 5; Bottom Row: Shades 9, 10
Overall rating:  Booyah! as the shadows are smooth and nicely pigmented for the price.  I would have preferred if the brush had an angled, dense side and a shader side as opposed to two shader brush ends, but kudos to Victoria's Secret Beauty for not including those dreadful sponge applicators.


These are the first Victoria's Secret shadows I have swatched and I am pleasantly surprised.  Have you tried any of their other products?  Would love to hear your thoughts.

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh looks pretty! I can't wait for Victoria Secret to come to the UK later in the summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if they currently ship to the UK, but you might want to order it online. Thanks for commenting… :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the pictures were clearer so I could REALLY see the shades, looks cute though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can try to take close up shots and add to the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a lighting and focus thing, not so much the close ups, but still, thanks !

      Delete
    2. I've posted new pictures in natural light…please take a peek.

      Delete
  5. Is this Palette available in stores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mal, The palette is available for purchase in stores though VS Customer Service recommends calling your location before heading out as inventory varies from store to store.

      Delete
  6. I need this palette like NOW! I love the shimmery shadows! I was just at the mall I wish I stops in VS to see if they had this. OH well next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in MD and just saw it at the mall on Monday at the VS store. They didn't have any open for testing so I bypassed it. I wished I would have gotten it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, SatsukiMUA! I learned from VS Customer Service that the palette is available in stores though they recommend, as with all beauty products, to call ahead to ensure they are in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it just me, or do the swatches of the top and bottom rows look like the same colors?

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look similar but are not the same. I will try to post swatches in natural light. #5 has glitter and sparkle while #10 is matte.

    ReplyDelete