Monday, January 2, 2012

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector and Ultra-Lift 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer

Happy 2012 Booyah Beauties!


As part of my New Year's Resolutions, I aspire to find more affordable beauty products and continue to give you my honest opinion of them.  To start things off, I found these two new items from Garnier on a recent trip to my local Walgreen's.



Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream (B.B. stands for "beauty balm"), comes in two shades: Light/Medium and Medium/Deep.  As I often find that I am lighter in the Winter and Darker during the warmer months, I bought both.  Walgreen's had them priced at $16.99 but had a BOGO 50% off sale while I was there.  Each tube contains 75 ml of product.

Garnier says,

"Garnier introduces Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector that immediately and effectively fulfills your skincare expectations.  Save time with just one multi-benefit product that combines advanced skincare + immediate skin perfecting coverage.  [It] is a miracle all-in-one product with results you can see and feel instantly.  Skin appears airbrushed, beautifully smooth and even.  Its light-weight and comfortable texture blends perfectly into skin for a sheer flawless finish.  This all-in-one formula combines intense moisturizing skincare with Vitamin C + Mineral Pigments for an instant skin transformation: 
  • Renews radiance
  • Brightens complexion
  • Evens skin tone and blurs imperfections
  • Hydrates for 24 hours
  • Protects with SPF 15 UVA/UVB sunscreen against harmful effects of the sun -- the #1 cause of skin aging." 
Walgreen's also had Garnier's Ultra-Lift 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer Serum + Moisturizer on sale for $12.99 with BOGO 50% off.  Each pump contains 50 ml of product.

Garnier says,

"Ultra-Lift introduces a 2-in-1 innovation to deliver powerful anti-wrinkle results in just one easy step.  With 2x Pro-Retinol from Nature (vs. other Garnier products with Pro-Retinol from Nature), Ultra-Lift 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer combines a precise dose of both a concentrated serum and a daily moisturizer to boost anti-wrinkle and firming action.  This swirl suspension technology means no more compromises - the results of a serum and a moisturizer in just one step!"


I followed my usual cleansing routine and then applied the Ultra-Lift 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer and then applied a blend of both the Light/Medium and Medium/Deep Skin Perfectors.


I find that the products work well together and did give my skin a nice, even tone though I did apply a bit of concealer on my under-eye area thanks to all the fun I had on New Year's Eve and Day!  :)  I have other high-end Beauty Balms and find these to be just as good for more product (MAC's Prep and Prime Beauty Balm, $30 for 30 ml though MAC's offers SPF of 35, which I like).  I recommend for casual, everyday looks when you want to even your skin tone and don't need heavy coverage.  As for me, I plan on saving my pricier foundation for when I need it.  The Skin Perfector with a bit of concealer where needed and some natural powder, did the trick for me.  

Here are some swatches:

From Top to Bottom: Skin Perfector in Light/Medium, Ultra-Lift 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer (blends clear); Skin Perfector in Medium/Deep
Overall rating: Booyah! especially on sale!  :)


Look for these and let me know if you give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment