Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo by Eyestudio

I am so excited to let you all know about these wonderful cream shadows, dare I call them "paint pots" I found at my local CVS from Maybelline New York.  Color Tattoos 24-hr eyeshadows are offered in 10 shades, in 4g glass jars for $7.49.  During my visit, CVS had a Buy $15 of Maybelline products and get $5 Extracare Rewards bucks back so these were a steal, considering similar products cost more (M.A.C. Paint Pot 5g product - $17.50; Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner ~4.5g product - $19; Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 6.8g product - $22).


From Top to Bottom: Too Cool, Fierce & Tangy, Audacious Asphalt, Painted Purple, Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, Tough as Taupe, Tenacious Teal, Bold Gold, Edgy Emerald
 The 10 shades offered in the range are: 05-Too Cool (white); 10-Fierce & Tangy (tangerine/orange); 15-Audacious Asphalt (gunmetal gray); 20-Painted Purple (bright violet); 25-Bad to the Bronze (light copper); 30-Pomegranate Punk (reddish burgundy, similar to M.A.C.'s Artifact); 35-Tough as Taupe (grayish taupe); 40-Tenacious Teal (bright turquoise); 45- Bold Gold (medium-toned gold); and 50-Edgy Emerald (bright, light green).


From Top to Bottom: Too Cool, Fierce & Tangy, Audacious Asphalt, Painted Purple, Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Punk, Tough as Taupe, Tenacious Teal, Bold Gold, Edgy Emerald
I applied over eye primer and found some of the shades to really stand out on their own.  When used this way, I got about 14 hours of wear, with no creasing or smudging.  I also wore them as a base (no primer), layered with shadow and found them to last 10+ hours.  You can apply with your finger though I used a brush. 


Here are some swatches of group 1:


Top to Bottom: Too Cool, Fierce & Tangy, Audacious Asphalt, Painted Purple, Bad to the Bronze
Here are some swatches of group 2:

Top to Bottom: Pomegranate Punk, Tough as Taupe, Tenacious Teal, Bold Gold, Edgy Emerald
Overall rating: Booyah!


If you find the high-end versions out of your price range, I highly recommend these.


If you end up getting a few, please drop me a line and let me know what you think.


xoxo, Kimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment