Thursday, January 19, 2012

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio - Brown Eyes

Lately, I have been seeing more and more kajal liners available at the drugstore.  The latest of these is a trio from Physicians Formula which is eye-color-specific.  Being a "brown-eyed girl," I picked up the Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio for Brown Eyes.


Kohl Kajal Trio pictured on the right


The set includes 3 shades in Espresso, Purple and Black for a Total Net Weight of 2.7g for a retail price of $7.99 which I happened to get during a BOGO 50% off sale at my local drugstore.



  • Espresso




  •  Purple



  • Black





The liners are advertised to be 100% waterproof and good for inner rim (waterline) lining.


Physicians Formula says:


Ultra-Dramatic Definition

  • Highly pigmented eyeliner trio delivers rich color and instant drama!
  • Versatile eyeliner for eye enhancing definition and inner eye rim intensity.
  • Super-smooth gliding texture makes defining eyes effortless.
3x Custom Shades = 3 Custom Looks
  • Each shade creates a custom look for your eye color.
    • Natural - Espresso
    • Playful - Purple
    • Dramatic - Black
100% Waterproof Wear
  • Unique kohl formula is 100% waterproof for high-performance and ultra-glamorous definition.
Here are some swatches:

From Top to Bottom: Espresso, Purple, Black


Overall rating: Boo-Boo (not bad if you don't mind having to go through several passes to get desired color intensity)

I found the initial application a bit lacking of pigment but as I continued to use it the color intensified.  I found the wear to be good though I only applied to my upper and lower lash line and not my waterline.  For a drugstore liner, I prefer the Milani Liquif-eye eyeliners (available in a variety of colors) or for Kajal, the L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner (which I have heard come in different colors but I was only able to find in black).

Have you tried these?  Please let me know your thoughts.


*****

Edit: Tried to do a smokey eye with the brown one and the tip broke off revealing that the tip is not very secure and you need to use a very light hand with these. Boo-hiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment