This beauty box, packaged in a great, sturdy reusable box, contains 5 deluxe samples for 12.75 GBP (including shipping and handling), or a bit over $20 USD, based on current exchange rates. Considering the contents, it is well worth it, in my opinion.
The shipment, along with descriptions as provided by the box insert (my comments in italics), included the following:
- Balance Me - Super Moisturising Hand Cream (30 ml) - Made by the experts in natural skincare, this multi-award winning cream will get you soft and smooth from head to toe - with delicate aromatherapy scents included! A promo code for a discounted purchase is offered.
- Daniel Sandler - Eye Delight in Peach (3 g) - A pot of sweet, shimmery dust to give your eyes a little something to smile about. Created by professional make-up artist Daniel Sandler this incredibly versatile eye color can be swept across the eyelids or mixed with water for a bolder effect. A promo code for a discounted purchase is offered. (I dare say this is a full-sized product which retails for 10.25 GBP. When I compare the product I received to the photo on www.danielsandler.com, it appears to be the same size.)
- Trind - Nail Repair Natural (9 ml) - Produced by Dutch experts in nail, cuticle and hand care, this little lacquer is not just another nail varnish. Made with TLC, brush it on to naturally strengthen and protect your nails. A promo code for a discounted purchase is offered. (This is a full-sized product which retails for $14 USD so coupled with the Daniel Sandler Eye Delight, the box has paid for itself.)
- TheBalm - FratBoy All-in-one Shadow/Blush (8.5 g) - Want to get noticed by those college frat boys? (Not me, I'm a tad older than them.) This peachy-apricot-coloured blush doubles up as an eye shadow and miraculously adds life to any skin tone. So hold the ketchup, here's a taste of vintage America that will also go nicely in your handbag. (Another full-sized product which retails for $21 USD...are you seeing a trend?)
- Caudalie - Quenching Sorbet-Creme (10 ml) - This deliciously creamy sorbet will naturally refresh and hydrate your skin with all the anti-oxidising powder of red grape seed. It's the perfect way to quench your thirst after your summer holidays! A promo code for a free Caudalie Travel Set with a qualifying purchase is offered.
Here are swatches of the Daniel Sandler Eye Delight in Peach and TheBalm Frat Boy Shadow/Blush:
Overall rating: Booyah!
I pray the folks at Carmine see this post and will offer shipment to the U.S. I just love their sampling offers and can't wait to see what future shipments bring. I could not take advantage of the promotions offered as they had long expired by the time the box got to me but I am pleased with my purchase nonetheless.