Monday, February 20, 2012

Glossybox Beauty - January 2012 Shipment

Glossybox is another UK beauty sampling program that recently became available in Canada and will be coming soon to the United States.  I received the January 2012 shipment from my UK partner in beauty products, Grace (www.allthatslap.com - check out her blog).

Glossybox costs 12.95 GBP including shipping and handling in the UK and their Canada program costs $15 CAD (no delivery charge).  The shipment arrived in a lovely pink reusable box which contained 5 deluxe samples.



This shipment contained the following samples (descriptions as provided by the box insert; italicized comments are my own):

  • Eyeko - Skinny Eyeliner (0.8 g) in Black - Get a handle on your eyeliner for precise definition and intense colour with a long-lasting finish.  A promotion code for a discounted purchase is included. (Long handle took a bit getting used to but I think it's great that I'll be able to use this product to the end as that's why the handle was designed this way.  Wear was good and I found that it didn't budge throughout the day so no raccoon eyes for me.  This is a full-sized product that retails for $14.)


  • Orly - Nail Lacquer (5.3 ml) in Ruby - Orly, the top Californian brand, offers an infinite range of colors. 
  • Weleda - One Step Cleanser & Toner (10 ml) - Weleda One-Step Cleanser and Toner is a handy two-in-one pack ideal for travel.  A promotion code for a discounted purchase is included.
  • First Aid Beauty (FAB) - Gentle Body Wash (56.7 g) - A moisturizing, irritant-free everyday cleanser ideal for even the most sensitive skin.  (I find that this leaves my skin smooth without any residue.)
  • Murad - Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer - Dewy Finish (5 ml) - Oil-free primer ignites a radiant glow, powered by light-enhancing minerals.  A promotion code for a discounted purchase is included. (I liked this primer.  It did give me a dewy finish but I felt that it didn't offer a lot of hydration.  Generally, I test primers on cleansed, unmoisturized skin to see if the primer offers good hydration.  This one definitely needed my moisturizer under it but I did like the finish.)
Overall rating:  Booyah!


I like the variety of products that Glossybox offers its subscribers and can't wait for it to come to the U.S.  This shipment also offered details on winning a romantic trip for two!

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, February box is rather disappointing. :(
    I also want a us partner to send me birch box!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alex Sorry to hear that the February Glossybox was disappointing. I will be posting info o the February Birchbox soon. I find that sometimes the shipments are hit or miss at times.

      Delete